Duncan Aviation was established in 1956 by business aviation pioneer Donald Duncan. It began as a Beechcraft Dealership in Omaha, Nebraska. Then in 1963 the operation moved to Lincoln, where it put down deep roots and experienced aggressive growth that has spanned across six decades.
Today Duncan Aviation is the largest family-owned premier resource for business aircraft maintenance service in the world.
Let's take a look back and see the ground-breaking expansion of Duncan Aviation in Lincoln, Nebraska.
1960s & 70s
Duncan Aviation put down roots at the newly established Lincoln, Nebraska, Municipal Airport (LNK) in 1963. During the 1970s, they continued to expand and grow along the east side of the airport with a new maintenance hangar.
Read more about Duncan Aviation's history and how is was established in the 50th Anniversary Duncan Debrief.
In 2000, Duncan Aviation opened two new large hangars to accomodate the largest aricraft of the time, including the Bombardier Challenger and Gulfstream. The construction project also included much needed shop and storage space.
In the fall of 2011, Duncan Aviation broke ground again. This time on a 45,000-square-foot paint facility on the south end of the ramp. It will accommadate the largest business aircraft in use today, including Bombardier's Global Express and Dassault's Falcon 7X. It was official opened in the Spring of 2012. You can read more about this state-of-the-art paint facility in the Fall 2012 Duncan Debrief.
The latest ground-breaking for Duncan Aviaton came in the Fall of 2012 on a 175,000-square-foot facility that is comprised of two 40,000-square-foot maintenance hangars and a 95,000-square-foot office and shop space.
In July of 2014, Duncan Aviation officially opened it's largest construction project in Lincoln, Nebraska.