An MRO Comparison Worksheet is available that helps you compare three service providers side-by-side.
As a business aircraft owner/operator, Chief Pilot or DOM, you have orders to cut expenses and come in under budget. That makes it very tempting to go with the maintenance facility offering the lowest bid. However, without fully understanding exactly what each bid includes—or more importantly does not include—going with the lowest number may have the highest cost when the final bill arrives.
After weighing the hard costs of the project and making sure the quotes provided are comparing like products and services, go beyond the bid number and properly compare each MRO.
Identify your priorities and get the answers to these questions.
- What is their plan to meet your downtime requirement?
- How much experience do they have performing your required maintenance or modification?
- What is their stated warranty and what does it include?
- What are the hidden charges? engineering services, interior R&R, consumables?
- Are they an Authorized Service Facility / Authorized Dealer?
- How are unexpected squawks and discrepancies communicated?
- Will factory-trained technicians be working on your aircraft?
- Do they have an FAA approved drug and alcohol prevention program?
- How much insurance will be protecting your aircraft while in their hangar?
- How will you approve squawks and discrepancies if not on-site?
Use this MRO Comparison Worksheet as a tool to compare your top service provider candidates side-by-side. Key points are identified to more easily find and compare the strengths and weaknesses of each organization.
Compare up to three MROs using the MRO Comparison Worksheet.